1 World Training is a Global Training, Certifications, Advisory & Consulting firm, offering intelligent learning solutions for corporates and professional individual learners. Our offices are Located in USA, Canada, Australia, Europe, Middle East & South East Asia. Primarily, focusing on Process Consulting, Training & Certification.
At 1 World Training all our practitioners have spent significant time in the IT Industry deploying processes & frameworks across the service value chain. Indeed DevOps has been the cream of the soup these days & we have made an earnest effort to try & understand its offering to IT. We are writing a series of articles on how DevOps is making a difference & how you & your organization can adopt such an inclusive experience in transitioning your IT practices.
What is PMP® ?
PMP® or Project Management Professional is a project manager certification, offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Project Management Professional is the gold standard of project management and is the most desired as well as recognized professional certificate for Project Management.
A Project Management Professional is an experienced project manager who is certified and trained to direct teams toward a project goal. Being PMP® certified is recommended as it helps project managers in their career growth by making them eligible to apply for the best roles in the top companies globally. They stay abreast with the new technologies, network with other certified colleagues of their same field, and stumble upon the best projects prospects.
PMPs lead projects in almost every country, without focusing on a particular geography or domain, making PMP® truly global.
PMP certified project managers have a standardized set of skills. These project managers are expected to undertake projects on different system reorganizations, turn strategic visions into tangible goals and ensure effective and acceptable outcomes, all while balancing various project constraints.
If you are PMP Certified, you get to enjoy more than a few life changing benefits. Some of them are:
- Utility across various industries
- Improves Team Work and people orientation
- Enhances Risk Management Skills
- Provides you the opportunity for Continuous Learning
- Refines your problem-solving skills
- Makes you more responsible
- Upgrades your leadership quality
- Provides you an edge over non-PMPs
- Gives you a platform for worldwide recoganization
- Boosts up your salary
An overview of PMP® certification
PMP® certified professionals demonstrate that a project manager possesses the knowledge, skill set, and experience to manage their projects and bring them to successful completion. They compile work from associative teams to form a final product that fits according to the client’s demands.
By being PMP® certified, managers validate their knowledge, experience, and training, along with their ability to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control all the other factors involved in a corporate project.
A PMP® certification helps a professional in the following ways:
- Grow in the role of project manager
- Gives them a hike in their salary
- Stand apart from the other project managers
- Handle projects globally
- Get value from your organization.
Benefits of PMP certification:
Project Management is a challenging career, and as a PMP® certified practitioner, you will be able to face and overcome new challenges. There are various benefits that a PMP® certified professional comes across. To name a few:
- Being PMP® certified will give your career an extra boost by making you eligible for the best roles in the top companies globally.
- Those with a PMP® certification garner a higher salary (20% higher on average) than those without a PMP® certification.
- The rigorous training and coursework of PMP® will help you to increase your versatility and expand your skill set.
- Being PMP® certified add credibility to your resume, making you stand out than the rest of the candidates.
- There is a global community for PMP certification holders where you can reach out to other project managers of the same field across the globe, helping you to expand your market and scope while at the same time, keep yourself up to date with the technology.
- PMP® certified project managers get hold of better job opportunities as they have knowledge, experience, and training for the same. They showcase better performance as compared to the non-certified managers.
- The standards for PMP® exams are higher than the other project management exams. With your skills and knowledge, you can work in a much more efficient manner.
- Being PMP® Certified can help you get challenging roles as the certification signifies your dedication to project management. Also, you will be trained to face such challenges in your day to day life.
Career growth and opportunities with PMP:
According to a survey conducted by PMI®, professionals with PMP® certification get a 20% hike in their salary as compared to a project manager who is not certified. The demand-supply equation for PMP® certified professionals is still tilted more towards the demand side. Hence, being credentialed acts as a major advantage. For the States, it is anticipated that the demand for project management professionals will upsurge to an estimate of 700,000 jobs by 2020.
Project Management Professionals are found to be leading major projects in nearly every top organisation around the globe. PMP® professionals need not focus on a particular industry, domain or geography, making PMP® global on a true basis. A PMP® professional can work for any industry, in any location. They are known for their practices and coordination of projects in multiple and diverse industries, including government, IT sector, construction, energy/utilities, retail, digital media, healthcare, finance, etc.
Eligibility criteria for PMP certification:
For PMP certification Project Management experience is required.
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
- Four-year degree
- 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education.
1WorldTraining.com offers trainings & certification programs in ITIL® 4, DevOps, PRINCE2®, PMP®, AgileSHIFT, AWS Cloud, Azure Cloud, Google Cloud, Data Science (Statistics + Machine Learning), Professional Scrum Master, Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®), Professional Cloud Service Manager (PCSM), COBIT®, TOGAF®, Six Sigma All Levels, and many more trainings in leading business practices & emerging technologies, endorsed by leading global professional bodies.
1WorldTraining.com is Associated with PeopleCert & offers:
Project Management Professional PMP https://www.1worldtraining.com/courses/project-management-professional-pmp-certification-training/
prince2 Foundation and Practitioner https://www.1worldtraining.com/courses/prince2-foundation-and-practitioner-certification/
For all your Queries, please email: email@example.com